Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dear Nathan,

I know you won't remember these first few weeks of life--and there are days I don't think I'll want to remember either.  It's so hard to figure out what's wrong and what you want when your only method of communication is crying!  I'm sorry when you cry for periods of time and it feels like Daddy and I aren't doing anything to help you.   Believe me we wrack our brains and try lots of things--but in the end sometimes letting you cry wins out.  One day you'll learn the phrase, "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you".  Well that phrase is definitely true for us right now!  Screaming your head off from time to time might not hurt you but it hurts Mommy and Daddy when we've tried everything and nothing helps. We're sorry we don't know what to do sometimes--but we still love you!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Alisha, have you tried gas drops? ( Mylicon or Target brand ) They are GREAT. Also, have you changed formula? The formula you are using might just be to hard for him to digest right now. Let me know...I can call you to talk more about it if you want. girlforgod27@aol.com

    ReplyDelete