Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Two Jobs I love

I am blessed to have two jobs I love:  being a teacher and being a Mommy.  

I went to school to become a teacher in order to fulfill my lifelong dream of educating young children.  I even moved states in order to start my career!  I love my job and can't picture myself doing anything else!

Now I'm also a Mommy (another life long dream that is now fulfilled!)  I didn't go to school to become a Mommy (unless you count the seven weeks of adoption classes Ben and I took in order to become certified to adopt!).  It took me awhile to become one but now that I'm finally a Mom I couldn't be happier.  I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.

However only one of these jobs pays the bills and it's not being a Mommy.  So for now I find myself preparing to say good-bye to full time Mommyhood in order to be a full time teacher. I will love my time at school but I will miss my time at home with my son.  (And equally so while I've been home on adoption leave I have loved my time with Nathan but have missed my time at school).  

If I could be a Mommy full time and not have to worry about helping contribute to our family's income then I would do it in a heartbeat, but for now that's not the case.  On the flip side I have often said that I love my teaching job so much that if the income wasn't needed for my family I would do it for free.

It is my hope and heart's desire that I will be able to balance both the jobs I love equally one day but only God can predict the future and so far he hasn't let me look into his crystal ball.  (And for the record I don't believe God has a crystal ball but I like the imagery the phrase creates!)


No comments:

Post a Comment