Wednesday, September 10, 2014

An update amidst the craziness of life

Well hello Faithful Followers!  Have you missed me?  I actually don't know why I even said that.  Do I really have followers?!  Anyways....things have been C-R-A-Z-Y around here so sorry for my absence.  As many of you know I'm a teacher and the beginning of the school year is always pretty nuts.  I've realized that my Type A Overachiever personality has possibly taken on a little too much this year:  I moved classrooms.  Changed Grades.  Started selling Jamberry Nail Wraps (more on that later) and we are in the process of adopting our second child.  That's not too much-is it?!  

Speaking of adoption, things are moving forward around here!  We've had two homestudy interviews and tomorrow we will have our last!  Which means we will be certified in a matter of weeks!  Yes I just said WEEKS!  Aaah!!  Once we are certified we can then apply to be a waiting family with our Adoption Consultant.  We would like to be a waiting family sooner than later but we still have some things to take care of first with the top thing being: RAISE MORE MONEY.  We currently have raised around $7000 towards our adoption.  Our adoption will end up costing around $40,000.  Do the math.  We are a long way from our goal.  

Once certified, we can then apply for adoption grants and loans. I've got 4 applications sitting in a stack on my dining room table.  I'll be taking the next few weeks to write some a million essays about why I a deserve money to fund our adoption.  We also are in the process of creating a profile with an organization called "Adopt Together" where you can make tax-deductible donations towards our adoption.  I'll devote an entire post to this once I have all the details!

Our puzzle fundraiser is still going.  Half of our puzzle pieces are sponsored which means there's still half a puzzle to fill.  If you are interested in helping with this fundraiser read all about it here.  Pieces are only $5!  Note:  Once our puzzle is fully sponsored I can hang it on the wall and get it off our dining room table. Don't worry no one really eats there anyways.

I also decided to take the plunge and become a Jamberry Nail Consultant.  I was introduced to Jamberry Nail Wraps through a friend this summer and fell in LOVE with them!  Just what ARE Jamberry Nail Wraps?  Jamberry nail wraps are a solid film covering that can be applied directly to the nail to achieve a look not found anywhere else. This special material is both pressure and heat activated to create a water tight bond to your nail. (You heat them up with your blow dryer people!  Yes your BLOWDRYER!) The shields are made in the USA, with no harsh chemicals and are latex free.

These designer nail wraps are made to last up to two weeks on fingers and six weeks on toes. Unlike traditional nail polish, they won’t chip and require no drying time. It’s so easy to achieve a professional, salon look at a fraction of the cost!  (Yes I took that straight from the website--but it's the TRUTH!)

Every sheet of wraps costs $15 and is enough for 2 manicures AND 2 pedicures.  When I go to the nail salon I spend more than $20 for ONE pedicure people!  These things are AMAZING!  And the best part is I earn 30% from all sales.  So for every sheet of nail wraps I sell for $15 I'm basically making $5 to add to our adoption fund!  

Are you intrigued?  Want to order?  Can I send you a sample?!  Contact me through my website here.  Or find me on Facebook here

Well that's all for now folks.  I wish I had pictures to post of our adorable son for another post.  But alas, life has been crazy and the camera has not been dusted or used in quite awhile.  Plus who has time for pictures when your child is throwing tantrums every other minute.  Wait, did I just say that outloud?!  


No comments:

Post a Comment