Friday, December 16, 2016

Gingerbread House Decorating 2016

I love decorating a Gingerbread House with the boys each year! The last few years we have been spoiled since the administrative assistant at my school also created Gingerbread house kits on the side.  She was always super thoughtful by making sure all the ingredients were peanut free for Nathan.  This year when I started looking for one to buy I couldn't find one that didn't have any peanuts in it and then we stumbled upon this kit from Starbucks:


We even managed to get it at 40% off!  One of the perks of our Gingerbread Houses in the past were that they came pre-assembled.  (This administrative assistant was pretty talented!) This one did not so I did a little research and learned that hot glue is the trick to keeping a gingerbread house from crumbling!  (Assuming you don't plan on eating it later...) I assembled it prior to letting the kids decorate it:


Then the fun began! I was in charge of the frosting while Nathan and Silas put candy anywhere and everywhere they wanted.  





It was fun to see Nathan's imagination come alive this year.  He wanted specific candies in specific spots to function as lights and door knobs.


I kept telling Silas one candy at a time.  He would grab a large handful and hold it up to me and ask, "One?"  Hilarious!



I don't know how I got so lucky to capture this last photo on my phone. Getting these kids to smile simultaneously while also holding still is pretty much impossible!


I love Christmas Traditions!








No comments:

Post a Comment