Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Growing Up

Our little man is growing up!  And it's going by way too fast!  Part of me is sad that he is almost 9 months old (in just a few days!) but part of me is enjoying each new thing he's learning to do.

People always told me they loved the newborn phase because you got to hold and snuggle your baby for hours on end.  Looking back I think I as so concerned about getting him to sleep and eat when he was supposed to that there wasn't time for snuggling!  Plus I didn't really feel like he liked being snuggled--he was a very warm baby!  And being so sleep deprived I don't think I was able to enjoy the snuggles as much anyway!

Now however, with teething in full force, there are times when he's going to sleep that he only will do so when he's snuggled in my arms with his head on my chest.  Talk about being in L-O-V-E!  He's also going through a separation anxiety phase where whenever Ben and I leave the room he freaks out and immediately starts crying.  However as soon as we come back in he gives the biggest cutest grin ever--it's sooo cute!  I know we all have a need to be loved--but there's just something special when that love flows from your own baby's eyes and smile!  

He's babbling all the time and sometimes I feel like he's talking to us or his toys--too bad we can't understand anything he's saying!  We've been doing baby sign with him since we introduced solid foods.  He still hasn't signed anything on his own initiative just yet--but I know it's coming and I'm sure I'll dedicate a whole blog post to it when it finally happens!  Ha!

Nathan is finally going to the nursery on Sundays and I'm doing my best to get through it--but it's hard when he cries when I leave him!  When no one is looking I'm crying too! :(  But the best part is when I come to get him he's happy and excited so at least I know he likes me (and misses me!)

I will be starting a new job in August teaching Kindergarten and although I'm excited I'll miss the time I've had to spend with my little guy this Summer.  We plan to find a sitter to leave him with two days a week so Ben can devote some time to studying and meetings at the church.  I know that's going to be a hard one to handle for me but I'll make it through.  It gets me thinking about how God trusted his Son Jesus on Earth to his earthly parents Mary and Joseph--I'm sure that was tough letting your Only Son go--especially knowing what he would have to endure.  So thankful for a Savior who knows what it's like being a parent!

I guess I've babbled on enough for this post....


No comments:

Post a Comment