Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dear Birthmom,

I don't know if you even know there is special day for you.  But today is the day.  Whoever came up with naming the day before Mother's day, Birthmother's day, was really thinking because without you I wouldn't be able to celebrate being a Mom.  I think of you often.  The little boy you gave us more than 18 months ago is the light of our lives.  He is a ball full of energy and definitely all boy.  But he's got a soft side as well and is constantly coming up to us to give us hugs and kisses.  We pray for you a few nights each week at bedtime.  We want Nathan to know that the reason he has a Mommy and Daddy is because his Birthmom loved him enough to give him life. This is the first letter I'm writing directly to you and it is my hope that one day I'll be able to give it to you in person, along with any others I write.  Thank you for the gift of our son!

Love,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment