Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

This year marks the second Mother's Day that I am celebrating being a Mom.  I wouldn't trade my role of Mom for anything.  Yes, there are days when I look forward to nap and bed time but there are other days when I want to freeze each moment so I can enjoy every second possible with Nathan.  Yes, Nathan may throw fits, hit and even bite at this stage but he also gives the best hugs and kisses!  And his giggle always brings an instant smile to my face.

Even though I now get to experience Mother's day as a Mom my thoughts are never far from those women who's deepest desire to join the ranks of motherhood still feels like a far off dream.  I also was reminded this year that many women also may experience a different kind of pain on Mother's day.  The pain that stems from the loss of their own mother.  My heart goes out to these women as well.  I am blessed to still have my own mother in my life and am so thankful for the time we get to spend together. 

So to those women who long to be called Mom or are missing their own Mom this Mother's day I pray that God's perfect peace would surround you and comfort you this day.  And for those of you who get to enjoy Mother's day as a Mom I pray it will be a special day for you to count the blessings in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment