Thursday, January 29, 2015

Silas

Although we've adopted before, this time around our journey looks and feels a lot different.  In reality the process hasn't been any longer it has just SEEMED longer!  I guess we are more anxious to grow our family this time around!

Nathan was what our adoption consultant would call a "stork drop".  His Birth Mom did not make an adoption plan for him prior to giving birth.  Once Nathan was born the hospital staff had to quickly scramble to find an adoptive family for him.  We found out we were to become Nathan parent's on the day he was born!

This time around we were matched with a Birth Mom who is still pregnant.  It's been exciting and nerve wracking to have a date we are counting down to.  We were only matched just a few short weeks ago and our baby is due February 15th!  Although I was pretty prepared for Nathan's arrival (I'm a planner--what can I say?!) this time I've found myself more anxious about having everything ready for this new little one.

Our baby isn't due for another two weeks and there's no telling when our Birth Mom will actually go into labor.  I've got the hospital bag pretty much packed.  The bottles that I have leftover from Nathan have been washed and sanitized.  The crib is set up and made.  Newborn and 0-3 month clothes are washed and hanging in the closet.  We're ready!  Right?! I've even booked our flight and hotel room although these may need to be changed at the last minute!

It feels weird to be ready and having to still wait.  With Nathan was there no processing time.  There wasn't time to really worry.  We got a phone call.  We threw stuff in the car.  We drove to the hospital. We met our son. We took him home the next day.  Becoming parents was the quite the whirlwind adventure!

Because everything with Nathan was so rushed I didn't get to spend time picking out an outfit for him to come home in.  In fact I ended up buying a sleeper at Wal Mart of all places.  No offense.  I shop at Wal Mart quite often.  But I wasn't planning on buying such a special outfit for my first born son there!

This time around I shopped and found the perfect outfit for our son!  And yes we are now officially announcing his name: Silas






We are so excited!  Thank you for your prayers as the due date draws closer.  Please be in prayer for our precious Birth Mom as well.  She has an important decision to make that very well may be a source of heartache for her.  Silas will be born in Utah.  Once he is born his Birth Mom will sign consents 24 hours after delivery.  We then wait for our ICPC (Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children) to be approved before we can return to California.  



No comments:

Post a Comment