Monday, February 9, 2015

Baby

As I'm writing this I'm sitting at our hotel in Utah watching "Meet the Parents" waiting for a call to come to the hospital to meet our baby!

The last 24 hours have been a whirlwind of activity.  On Sunday morning I got a text from our Birth Family that they were taking our Birth Mom to the hospital to get checked because they thought her water might have been slowly leaking.  Sure enough they were right and she was admitted to the hospital.

Once I heard our Birth Mom may be going into labor I decided to head to school and do some last minute preparations for my long term sub just in case baby was indeed going to come early.  I hadn't gone to school on Friday because I was sick (horrible timing in my opinion!) so I had some things to clean up and set out.  Right when I was finishing up stuff at school we got the text that Birth Mom was being admitted which meant baby was on the way!

I called Ben (who was home packing just in case) and told him to start packing for real because it's go time!  I raced home to pack as well.  We cancelled one flight.  Booked another.  And raced to the airport. I would love to say I was perfectly calm and collected during this time but that might be slightly off base.  Okay if I'm honest I was downright hysterical at some points while packing.  I'm normally a quick decision maker but for some reason all my decision making skills went out the window once I knew our baby was on the way.  (For the record I think I'm back to normal now if there is such a thing!)

Luckily my Mom had drove up to Bakersfield for the weekend so she was able to go to school with me and then was able to drop us off at the airport and take Nathan home with her while we are in Utah.  We got to Utah right before Midnight last night and got a rental car and then headed to our hotel.

Our baby is here.  But the Birth Family is taking some time to recover from delivery. They have invited us to meet them at the hospital at noon.  Please pray for us and our sweet Birth Family.  I can only imagine what a labor and delivery must be like.  It's a lot. And now there's a real baby staring back at them.

We know God has been with us and will continue to walk with us.  We are praying he will give us just the right words to say and share with this family.  We are so excited.  And nervous.  And anxious.  Please pray.

As far as we know baby is healthy and was receiving his first feeding from the nurses this morning. We can't wait to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment