Monday, April 16, 2012

Great Grandparents!

I've always known I've had some pretty amazing grandparents.  My childhood is filled with memories of them.    We made cookies together.  We did crafts.  We stayed with them on vacation.  They are not the kind of grandparents who are old and complain about their aches and pains.  They have always been active in our lives.

When Ben and I got married and then moved to Arizona a year later we had the opportunity to grow even closer to them.  They attend church with us.  We have them over for dinner and they have us over for dinner.  When I look around my house my grandparents fingerprints are everywhere.  In the cornice boards above my windows.  My curtains.  Shelves.  Crown molding.  Nathan's bedding.  Various cross stitch projects hanging throughout my house.  All of my clothes that have needed mending over the years (it's hard being tall!).  You name it, and they've probably helped with it or created it from scratch.

Although my Grandpa turned 80 this summer that hasn't slowed him and my Grandma down one bit.  When I went back to work in January Ben needed an afternoon each week to attend his staff meeting and run his "Band of Brothers" group at Chandler Christian School.  So my grandparents, once again, stepped up to the plate and have baby-sat Nathan for us every Monday.

What a special time it has been for both them and Nathan!  I love hearing the reports of the "secrets" Nathan tells them each and every week.  Today was the last Monday they'll be watching Nathan for awhile.  Although they spend their winters here in Arizona the rest of the year they spread their time between California and Washington (where 2 of their daughters live) and Minnesota--where they are originally from.  Their latest summer past time has been working at the Nazarene campground up in Prescott.  They just love keeping busy!

Nathan probably won't remember the time he has been able to spend with his great-grandparents these last 6 months (except through pictures!)--but I know I always will!

We love you Grandma and Grandpa!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. So so sweet of you to honor your grandparents with such kind words Alisha. I;s nice to be needed when you reach Golden Years.

    ReplyDelete