Sunday, April 22, 2012

Moving

When we moved here seven years ago I don't think I knew at all what God had in store for us.  We moved here so I could fulfill my dream of teaching.  Little did we know that Ben's dream of being in ministry full time would come so quickly after our move (just a few short months!).

But looking back it's easy to see how God had his hand in our lives then and how he has his hand in our lives now.

In a little over a month we will be moving again.  As we find ourselves preparing to say good-bye it's becoming a lot harder than I imagined.  We have made so many friends here--and not just friends, super close friends!  Our dogs were born here.  Our SON was born here!  We bought our first house here.  We struggled with infertility here.  We started the adoption process here.  Our son's birthmother, although we don't have a relationship with her, lives here.  And now we are leaving it all behind.

It's for a good reason and we are excited.  But sometimes it's hard to think about starting over.  I love my dentist here.  My hair stylist rocks.  Our church family is wonderful!  I know where the grocery stores are (and love how cheap the prices are too!)  Our vetrinarian knows our dogs by name when we walk in the door.  And now we must begin again...we have mixed emotions about it all but also have a deep and abiding peace that could only come from God.

Please be in prayer for us as we follow God's call for our lives...back to California!

1 comment: