Friday, December 2, 2011

Why vs. How

As I navigate my new role as a Mommy I've realized something about myself.  It may apply to anyone with my personality type.  Or to anyone of my gender.  Or it may just apply to me.  (Hoping it's really not the latter..) I am fascinated--okay obsessed--with knowing WHY my son does certain things.

Why is he crying when he's obviously tired?
Why is he waking up early from a nap?
Why is he hungry when I just fed him two hours ago?

These are just a sampling of the questions (or challenges--depending on how you look at it) that I face on a daily basis.  My husband, aka Daddy, on the other hand doesn't care so much about the WHY as the HOW.

How do we make him stop crying?
How do we keep him from waking up early from a nap?

So  naturally when I actually am able to find the answers to parenthood's mysterious questions I get excited.  Okay...really excited!  Some of my answers are found in the advice of friends.  Thank you Tiff B!  Others are found in books (Currently Baby wise is saving my life...).  And some answers, sadly to say, for now, remain a mystery.  Will there be more questions on my parenthood quest?  You bet!  But equally as important there will be more answers!

At least I hope... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment