Friday, July 18, 2014

Potty Training Day 1

Well 27 pairs of underwear and 1 roll of toilet paper later we are close to the end of day 1 of our 3 day potty training adventure.  I say close because our adventure is non-stop for these 72 hours.  Ben and I are taking turns sleeping in Nathan's room so if he needs to go in the middle of the night we are there to assist. So far we've had a lot of pee in underwear but an equal amount of pee in the toilet.  Here are some pics I managed to squeeze in when I wasn't staring at Nathan waiting for an accident to occur:

Throwing out all of the Diapers!  Those are for babies! 


Getting ready to put on his first set of real underwear!


Downing his first (yes, I said, first--I'm on one of those Moms) juice box in order to get things flowing...


Since we normally get out of the house each day for fun (okay if I'm honest it's for my own sanity!)  I went to Pinterest for ideas of things we could do while we are locked in for the next 72 hours.  First up I created a runway for Nathan to use with his planes:


All you need to create your own is blue tape and a piece of poster board!


Eating a fruit & veggie popsicle to keep things moving along...


I decided it was time to try out some scissors.  He LOVED it!  He predominately uses his left hand to do most things but he actually found cutting to be easier with his right.  In the picture below he started with his left.  


We listened to my Kindergarten cutting song as we worked.  So much fun!


By the end he was switching back and forth.  We may have an ambidextrous son!


Next up on the list were some printable roads I found on Pinterest.  You can find them for yourself here.


Nathan had a blast constructing different roads for his cars to drive on!


Is this not the cutest bottom you've seen?!

It's almost my shift in Nathan's room.  I have a feeling my dreams will be focused on pee and poop.  You may hear me talking in my sleep saying some of the following phrases as well:

Tell Mommy and Daddy if you need to go Potty

Are you dry?!  Good Job!

Keeping pushing your pee out!

Here's to waking up to dry undies and sheets!  
(Just for the record I'm referring to Nathan, not myself!)









No comments:

Post a Comment