Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Why do bad things happen...?

I'm sure all of us at some point in time have asked ourselves the question:

Why do bad things happen to good people?

In a world filled with hurt and heartache, it's hard not to want to ask this question almost daily. Especially when so many of us "good people" (I say this in quotes because is there really such a thing?!) contract cancer, have trouble conceiving a child, etc.  In my study of Isaiah this year I found an answer (at least it seemed like an answer to me) to this age old question:

Isaiah 57:1-2

The righteous perish,
and no one ponders it in his heart;
devout men are taken away,
and no one understands
that the righteous are taken away
to be spared from evil.
Those who walk uprightly
enter into peace;
they find rest as they lie in death.

Sometimes God's plan is bigger and better than we are capable of seeing right now.  Or perhaps it's just different but will end up for the best in time.  It helps me to remember this when I'm going through tough times--hopefully it will do the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment