Thursday, May 5, 2011

My plan? Or God's?

Today I got a letter from our adoption agency--okay it wasn't a letter but an advertisement.  Anyways I really like the verse they used:

"The heart of a man plans his way,
but the Lord establishes his steps."
Proverbs 16:9

Although I had planned on getting pregnant and having a baby God is leading my steps towards something else: adoption!

Although I always thought my child would look just like me, God is leading my steps towards realizing that it's okay if they don't!

Although I'd like our baby to come in quarters 2, 3 or 4 of Kindergarten (not the dreaded quarter 1!), God is leading my steps and helping me realize that His timing will be perfect!

Although I'm struggling with adopting a child who may have a different skin color of my own, God is leading my steps and helping me to see He doesn't see in color--so why should I?

I'm so glad I serve a God who is in control and knows what the future holds!

1 comment:

  1. All of your posts have been so transparent. Thanks for allowing us to share in your journey. It helps us understand how to pray. We're so excited for you. It was really fun to be there while the crib and dresser were coming together. God is in control and is putting all the pieces together one by one even when we can't see them all. Love you, Auntie Sue

    ReplyDelete